Tuesday, January 17, 2012

StarGazer

Welcome to my "StarGazer" Blog!!!

I am excited to be sharing with you my experiences as a new student teacher and seeing the amazing world of children through my eyes.

I just completed my education degree at Texas State University and am starting my student teaching at a school that touches my heart in so many ways.  I have had the pleasure of substitute teaching at this school for about a year and being apart of the children's lives and learning from teachers that believe in making a difference in each and every one of those little lives.  NOW THAT to me is worth becoming a teacher and being apart of the future of our world.

Teachers have made such an impact on my life.  In 2008, after high school, I traveled with my geography teacher and other students to South America and the Galapagos Islands.  I experienced a very different way of life.  Because I was able to visit several schools in Ecuador, my trip made a difference with my beliefs in the importance of education and inspired me to want to become a teacher.  I am willing to share my knowledge, my time, my energy and myself to help shape the lives of children.  I endeavor to provide them with the skills to think rationally and logically, to communicate effectively in society, and have the desire to seek knowledge and experience new things in life.



I am twenty two years old and have lived in Texas my entire life.  I enjoy traveling, spending time outdoors and time with my family.  After student teaching in May, my fiancĂ© and I will travel to St. Lucia and be married on the beach.  Upon returning to Texas, I hope to be able to begin this new chapter of my life!



I truly am fortunate to be given the opportunity to learn from one of the most AMAZING teachers in our community.  What I take away from her, I will treasure and what I give back to my future students, I will remember and thank her for the knowledge she instilled in me.  Thanks to YOU Mrs. Hubble for all you do in "Making the Difference" in SO many lives :) 


2 comments:

  1. Awwwww.....so super touching! You are a gem and I know that you will be making a difference too! I think you already are :)
    Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too sweet :) I would not have been able to do all of this without you! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete